Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Never ceases to amaze me

About a month in a half, maybe 2 months ago, someone very close to me, whom I trust, spoke into my life that the Lord was going to use me in a political arena to change laws both in my state and in this nation for families with children like mine. Not everyone knows, and not everyone needs to, but some of our kids are "special needs" (translation: not what the social world considers to be normal or acceptable based on their own shallow standards). There are many systems in this world which were set up to help families like mine, but these systems for the most part are failing right now. Priorities are mixed up. Intentions are great, but the actions are minimal if any at all.

Over the last 2 weeks, I have had several people come to me looking for answers on what to do, where to go, who to speak to. At first I was answering minimally, and thinking to myself, "I'm no expert. I am still learning and figuring things out myself, so why come to me?" and then I realized, that through all these people who are speaking to me, and the issues they are facing, I am also having visions. I have great visions of a place where people can bring their kids and get therapies, ASL classes, ABA classes, school subject tutoring, parenting classes...all these things, and for a minimal cost, with the right kind of people working with them. PEOPLE WHO CARE!!!

But mostly, I am seeing a place where people come and those who are working with them are laying hands on these kids while working with them, and are praying with true faith, and watching God heal them and deliver them. It's not a question of sickness or disease, it's a matter of perspective. Accept it or don't accept it. I don't believe that EVERYTHING is a sickness or disease. There are some things that I believe God created or allowed to be "difference". He Himself was not your "ordinary" guy, now was He?

No comments:

Post a Comment